Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Nobody's Got No Class

well, malta is beyond belief.
everyday i have to remind myself that this place is real...

except for at school, where i count down the minutes until i get away. the class system is confusing, and i have such a hard time concentrating! i still do not have a permanent schedule - but i have another week to figure it out. it's nice to try out classes so i can veto ones that i know i won't be able to sit through.

everything else is amazing. it's beautiful and fascinating. every direction i look i see something i need to explore. it's actually really overwhelming, because i do not want to miss anything. all my plans for traveling may be hindered by my desire to really explore and learn this island - though egypt, tunisia, and morroco are all tugging at my heart strings too.

(i should mention now that my english is already starting to fall apart! please forgive my any grammar errors i make from here on out.)

i finally moved into my dorm room. it's in an apartment with 13 other girls - which is both interesting and so much fun! it is like the freshman dorms all over again, except people are from all over the world and everyone is really nice...sorry loyola.

i thought i should mention that valentine is having a really great time here. he made friends with the chickens that i despise. he is trying to teach me to be more open-minded. he is getting very tan because he sits by the pool all day and refuses to use sunscreen. he misses his friends, but tells me he is in no rush to leave.

tonight there is a maltese lesson here at the residency so we can all learn a few phrases. everyone speaks english, but the effort to speak maltese is appreciated and seen as a sign of respect. i can't wait to learn a bit! then we are off to a wine bar right by school that is so cute! i can't wait to bring my sisters. the drinking age here is 16, which always throws me off a bit. i do not get carded anywhere i go...VERY different from back home!

i should go get ready. i miss you guys so much! i promise to get more pictures up on here soon - it just takes so long! let me know if there is anything you want to hear about on here - give the people what they want, right?

lots of love, claire

No comments: